This is one of my favourite recipes as it is so simple and the sausage rolls taste amazing, if I do say so my self. They are great for any occasion and don’t take very long. See for yourself!
45 minutes Makes 25
- Rolling pin
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Basting Brush
- Sharp knife
- Sausage meat
- 1 x Roll of Puff Pastry
- 1 x Jar of English Mustard
- 1 x Egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- Lay out the puff pastry and gently roll it with the rolling pin to make it slightly larger. Cut a horizontal line down the middle of the pastry, so you have two evenly sized pieces.
- Separate the sausage meat in to two. Place one section of the sausage meat across the top of one section of pastry, as shown below. Spread the English mustard across the bottom of the pastry and roll it up, sealing the edges by pinching them together. Cut the sausage roll in to inch sized pieces and repeat the process with the second piece of pastry.
- Once you have prepared all of the sausage rolls, cut off a piece of baking paper large enough to cover the baking tray. Place the sausage rolls on to the baking tray making sure they don’t touch. Snip the top of the sausage rolls with some scissors.
- Crack the egg in to a glass and stir. Use the basting brush to coat the top and sides of the sausage rolls.
- Place the baking tray in to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and then serve.